What Will It Cost?
||Charge for labelling of clothing
|**||Trust Account Deposit||$100.00|
|NZQA Registration Fee||$25.00|
|Student ID Card||$10.00|
* On arrival at the College your son's clothing will be labelled with wash-proof labels.
** This money is held in your son's Trust Account and may be used if a small item of clothing needs to be replaced during the term, medical expenses incurred, haircuts etc.
At the end of the year there is a requirement that this money be made up to the full amount for the following year.
The balance will be refunded when your son is withdrawn from Halswell College.
- Clothing - all other clothing requirements as per the clothing list are your responsibility
- Personal Effects – returned with your son – (aerosol deodorants are strictly banned)
- Optical and Orthodontic Expenses
- Outdoor Education and Specialised Outings:
- Skiing/Snowboarding (optional)
- Maori Culture Wananga (if a member).
Request for these payments will be forwarded, when required by the College.
Halswell Residential College pays for transport (air, bus, or train) from Christchurch to the student's home town. Parents are responsible for transport costs between home and the nearest airport or travel depot.
Each boy has two accounts at Halswell Residential College:
|Trust Account:||This is administered by the College office. All money for a boy coming into the College is receipted and banked into this account.|
Each boy has his own bank account for personal use.
This account and student spending is monitored by the teacher and caseworker for each boy.